Monday, June 6, 2011

The Invisible Power of Intention


Have you ever had a thought and then it seemed that the Universe opens up and what you need is suddenly there, in front of you? I’ve had the thought for some time of moving to solar energy for my house but I couldn’t figure out how to heat it without converting to electricity. My Intention was to lessen my footprint on the earth by lowering or eliminating my use of heating oil.

One day I got a Newsletter from a company I’d not done business with in decades. Curious, I glanced through it and lo and behold there was an article on a new ductless heating system that has been in wide use throughout the rest of the world. An inveterate watcher of Home and Garden Network’s House Hunters International I knew exactly what the article was talking about. I’d seen it and heard raves about how efficient this system was.

Before I had a chance to follow through by calling that company, Kevin, the person who services my furnace came by for his annual check-up. We got to talking and I mentioned my Intention and also that I needed someone to service my heat pump. He referred me to another company. I called and Jim came over the same day. Again, I got to talking with him. He knew all about the ductless system (mini-splits). A few days later, Charlie came over to assess my house and discuss options. Going fully with the mini-splits in my 1924 Craftsman-style house would be difficult but there were other options that would lessen my use of heating oil and give me more efficient comfort in either hot or cold weather.

I had the Intention of lessening my foot print on Mother Earth. I didn’t have to do anything overt. Everyone came to me with the information and answers I needed to make my decision.

The Invisible Power of Intention. The Gift of Synchronicity.

No comments: