Monday, February 29, 2016



Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women's Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nurture the soul.

I may be a bit tired today. I don’t know that now as I write this post because I’ve yet to attend my first Spring (or any time of the year) Home and Garden Show. My post on “Being Out There” has to do with being in public as a writer. I’ve done book signings are various writer’s conferences and independent bookstores but never have I even been to a Home and Garden Show much less “worked it” selling books.

But I did last week! I worked from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, from 12 (noon) to 5 p.m. on Friday and yesterday (Sunday) from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (or maybe 6 p.m.). I made a commitment to be there until at least 3 p.m. but I’m not sure, as I write this, if I’ll make it the full 8 hours.

My post on Wednesday will have details and pictures.

What I can tell you is I’m excited about trying something new-to-me to get to know readers who may love my books. Of course, with thirty (30) other authors’ books available, part of my job is to make sure anyone coming to our “Garden of Books” area finds a book they’d love to read.

I’m glad I know Susie Slanina, author of the Metro The Little Dog children’s books, Pamela Cowan, author of thrillers and Courtney Pierce, author of Baby Boomer fiction and Windtree Press authors, because I know their books well enough to speak with some authority.

The other authors? 

I know the genres so if someone says they like a ‘who-dunit’, I can ask a few clarifying questions to point them in the mystery or thriller direction.

While I write contemporary romantic fiction, I read contemporary romance and historical romance. So there are a couple more genres I’m familiar enough with to steer people to books they may love.

Check back in on Wednesday to see pictures and hear my first impressions of being in the Book Garden at the 2016 Portland Spring Home and Garden Show.

You can learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.


Follow me on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

I’m also on Facebook

© 2016 Judith Ashley

No comments: