Monday, January 12, 2015

What else can I call Frustration?

Welcome! I'm Judith Ashley author of The Sacred Women's Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.

In my belief system, the feeling of frustration is a negative and therefore, does not help me maintain a positive outlook on life or keep me energized in a good way.

While I've completed 75 - 80% of what I wanted to do today, I find myself stymied by my old nemesis---technology.

Yes, indie-publishing has many learning curves and while I have learned them, I have three novels and an anthology out there, the challenge is I haven't used these new skills since last March! So they are pretty much lost.

This afternoon (I'm writing this Sunday for Monday readers), it took me about ten minutes to figure out how to get into Amazon's Createspace publishing program! I kept ending up on Amazon with all the "buy this" and "buy that" - not where I wanted to be at all.

I e-published Ashley, the fourth story in The Sacred Women's Circle series, on December 24, 2014 and I'm now ready to put the print book out there BUT

Recounting the barriers here is not helpful so suffice it to say, I'm taking a step back. Hard boiling some eggs (a great snack/meal if I'm in a hurry or just too busy to fix anything), and calling it a day.

One thing I've learned is that the closer together I publish my stories, the easier this process will be. Why? Because I'll still remember how to do it. After ten months, it's almost like learning it from the beginning - not quite, but close. Can't believe it took me so long to figure out how to get into kdp.amazon.com  

Also I've had re-enforced there are times when postponing things to another time works better for me than plowing through.

I'm always looking for new ideas on how to keep on the positive track.

Would love to know what you do when frustration looms? Do you push through? Do you step back?

You can learn more about The Sacred Women's Circle series here.


No comments: