Monday, February 20, 2017

Romance - A Story for Everyone



Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women's Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nurture the soul.

I’m writing this post earlier in the month, to be precise almost two weeks before you will see it. At Romancing The Genre, the Genre-istas are sharing “My Most Romantic … ?” and if you start at the beginning of the month with Robin Weaver’s “The Most Romantic Potato” and read through each post until here, you’ll find a wide array of interpretations of the suggested topic.

I talk about “heat levels” in my books, Paty Jager shares the little things that have kept her 38 years of marriage strong and Kristin Wallace includes an excerpt from her soon-to-be released Shellwater Key tale.

One of the things I love about writing and reading romance is there is a story for just about everyone.

If you’ve an interest in history, here are historical romances set in Medieval, Renaissance, Middle Ages, Regency, Victorian, American West --- you name the era and there is, most likely a romantic story set then.

Science? What about scifi? Remember, the science fiction of last century is becoming our reality today.

Suspense? Thrillers? Yes, there are authors who write romantic suspense and thrillers.

And then there are the ones who have fantastic imaginations! They are the writers of fantasy and paranormal romance. The good ones make sure the world they’ve created is sustained through all of the stories set in that place and time.

What I love about Romancing The Genres is our diversity. You can find just about any kind of romance you are interested in here. If you don’t have the time or inclination to check us out every day, you can check our Genre-ista page and scroll down to see who’s who and what we write.

Not only can romances be set in any era, they can take place at any time of the day or night and in any known or unknown country or galaxy.

To me, a good romance touches my heart and leaves me with a sense of satisfaction, even a smile on my lips as I envision the characters I’ve fallen in love with enjoying their future together.

Of course my goal is that when you read my books, you have those same feelings!

For a Free digital copy of Lily sign up for Connections, my newsletter. You’ll be the first to know about upcoming releases and the first to know about specials, contests and appearances.

Learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on her website.
Follow Judith on Twitter: @JudithAshley19
Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.
You can also find Judith on FB!

© 2017 Judith Ashley

No comments: