Friday, June 10, 2011

The Gift of Synchronicity Part II

When we are focused on something we want, we attract positive energy. The same is true of what we don’t want. If we are focused on what we don’t want, we attract it.

I have a cork-screw willow in my backyard. It’s as tall as my house; its canopy takes up a goodly portion of my small backyard. When my Aunt Ruth died in 1993, one of the cork-screw willow wands sprouted. My mother planted it in a pot. When she died in 2002, I brought the pot to my house and planted the root-bound tree in my backyard.

This spring it leafed out and looked lovely. I know I’m not the most observant person in the world, but one day it dawned on me that my tree was no longer green! I made calls trying to find out what was wrong and what it would cost to save it. My timing was awful. I missed the first company that came out to check the tree. The note on the door: It needs to be sprayed, call ----.

Thus began over two weeks of calling different companies attempting to get answers on how much it would cost to save my tree. To be fair, it wasn’t all the spraying companies fault. Even though it’s June, our weather has been dismal – lots of rain and spraying in the rain won’t help.
A gift card I’d received in the mail from a local nursery caught my eye: $25.00 off any purchase of $75.00 or more. During this time of attempting to get an estimate on spraying the tree two people who’d been in Landscape Maintenance took a look. “Take it down” was their advice.

Monday I went to the nursery and toured their selection of trees and had discussions about my yard, my needs and most important my wants (not a messy tree that needs constant cleaning up after), I found Larix D. Diana. She is a Larch, a deciduous conifer. Her needles turn orange and red in the fall before dropping. New ones sprout in the spring.

Yes, I purchased her. I’d fallen in love. The Universe was guiding me. One of the heroine’s in The Women’s Circle series is Diana.


No comments: