Monday, November 30, 2015

Little Things Really Do Mean A Lot

by Judith Ashley

You may have noticed I’ve not posted a blog for the past two weeks. Why? Because I had surgery on the middle finger of my right hand and I wasn’t aware that the healing process would keep me from the computer for so long.

To prepare, I’d written and scheduled one post ahead but, in reality, I’d needed three! So here I am, finally able to be at the computer.

What have I learned these past three plus weeks?

Little Things Do Mean A Lot

Little Things like
Tying my shoes
Buttoning and zipping clothing items
Putting on a bra
Flossing my teeth
Cutting food
Dishing something up out of a bowl
Wearing pants
Changing clothes 

Even now after over three weeks, my finger is weak and the knuckle that was involved sore. It certainly lets me know when I’ve overdone!

While I would not wish these past three weeks on anyone, I do know that I have a renewed appreciation for the ability to do these little things that make my life easier and soo much nicer.

My plans now include resuming writing on Gabriella, the sixth book in The Sacred Women’s Circle series. So when you are reading this, know that my fingers will be moving across the keys! Perhaps not up to their pre-surgery fluidity and speed but well on the way. Little things do mean a lot!

Judith is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nourish the soul.

Check out Judith’s website here.

Follow Judith on Twitter: JudithAshley19

Judith is also on Facebook.

The first five books in the series are available at major e-retailers and select book stores as well as through her website and Windtree Press.


4 comments:

Madelle Morgan said...

Glad to know you are on the mend and back at the keyboard!

Judith Ashley said...

Thanks, Madelle - in some ways I'm glad for the other changes in my life right now (my granddaughter and her baby just moved back in with me) because I'm almost too busy to notice I don't have the time to write. We'll have a routine in a week or so which should coincide nicely with my fingers being able to fly over the keys.

Sarah Raplee said...

We take so many things for granted until we lose them, don't we? We've been having trouble with our well. I have a new appreciation of what it means to have running water!

Glad you are healing well.

Judith Ashley said...

You are so right, Sarah. We do take many things for granted. Sending easily running water when you need it energy your way!!!