Monday, April 17, 2017

My Favorite Creative, Relaxing, Inspiring Things!


Judith is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.
If you were to visit my house you’d see a plethora of snowy owls, dragons and crystals. I’ve a dragon on my front porch. Two of them sit on my altar across from the front door. They are perched on shelves throughout the house.

Years ago I read a book that shared a meditation and other inner work to sense the energy of our house.

What came to me was “dragon”. When you read Lily, you’ll see that she has that sense of place, the energy that resides and protects the land and the house. If you look closely at the cover to the right, you'll see the faint outline of a dragon in the upper left hand corner. The subtitle of Lily is The Dragon and The Great Horned Owl.

Early on in the first women’s circle I belonged to, we did an exercise to identify our own personal totems. You might guess mine is the snowy owl. I am blessed with a double totem – the snowy owl and snake. Snake is about transformation. You can read about my childhood experience with snake to see why that totem is not as visible as the snowy owl. I do have two snake totems on altars in my house and may add to that — or not.

Crystals? They are everywhere!!!

They are part of my author brand, my logo, my giveaways, my teaching. Crystals are about clarity.


As I write this I have within my vision 5 crystals, 1 rose quartz crystal and if I turn my head to the right another crystal and selenite lamp appear. To the left 8 smaller crystals as well as 1 each of rose and lavender quartz.

Behind me are several more (5 to be exact, I just got up and counted). Obviously I need clarity when I’m writing!!!

What do you surround yourself with when you are being creative or just want to relax and be?


Learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on her website.
Follow Judith on Twitter: @JudithAshley19
Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB!

© 2017 Judith Ashley

No comments: