Monday, September 18, 2017

Hummingbirds, Cats and Peace in Our World - Part 2

Judith is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.


Back to the hummers and the cat.
If I want peace, I must give up “revenge” as in ranting on social media about cat owners who do not bell their cats, putting repellents out to ward them off, dashing out the door yelling at the cat when I see it in my yard, etc.
My other option is to make my yard a wasteland: no flowers, no plants, nothing that might attract hummers or other birds.
But to do that I take away an important piece of my own joy. Inspiration comes to me when I look out at the flowers, see the bees, butterflies and birds. 
And as to forgiveness. What is the point of being angry at a cat for being a, well, being a cat?
You may have already surmised my decision. Flowers, my dwarf larch, ferns, columbine, lupine: plants, trees and flowers growing in my yard are points of inspiration (I can see it all from my office). I also remind myself we are all here on our own journey, even the birds and cat. And I will confess I do send energy into my yard for the safety of birds who come to visit me. This year I’ve no evidence that isn’t working.
My questions to you today are:

What do you need to do to forgive yourself for all those things you blame, guilt, criticize, punish yourself for?

What do you need to do to forgive other people who have “done something” to you?

Before you say it can’t be done, I’d want to remind you of the Amish families who forgave the man who burst into the school and killed their children.

And, more recently? The people who survived the shootings in Charleston, North Carolina and the families of those who didn’t forgave the young man who’d joined their prayer service before opening fire.

Join me next Monday when I’ll share why forgiveness is critical to our own lives and happiness.
Your free copy of Lily: The Dragon and The Great Horned Owl is waiting for you.

Go to JudithAshleyRomance.com and sign up for my occasional newsletter “Connections.” Follow the prompts to download your own digital copy of the first book in The Sacred Women’s Circle series.

Learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series at JudithAshleyRomance.com

Follow Judith on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.


You can also find Judith on FB!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a matter of time or distance from the event that brought guilt and shame into my life. You know the event I'm talking about, but I don't care to name it here. Now I realize it was a selfless act, and it was society that put the feeling of guilt and shame on me. I have since forgiven myself but it has taken many many years.