Monday, February 12, 2018

A Month of Love: Flowers

Black/Blue Salvia
Armisted salvia

We’ve have some very warm temperatures recently and I see the signs of spring. My violets are profusely blooming as is my rosemary. The distinctive aroma of Daphne fills the air when I step out on my porch.

New growth from the mint along the fence is visible. It won’t be long before I’m loading geraniums and fuchsias into the trunk of my car. And I’ll be looking for my Armistad and Black & Blue Salvia to sprout.

Fuchsias and Geraniums
Clematis
I will also be looking for one or maybe two new clematis plants. There was a mix-up and some “kill it dead” spray meant for my neighbor’s laurel hedge that didn’t quite get taken all the way out (at least not on my side of the fence she put up) drifted on to at least one if not both of my prized clematis.


Why prized? Because while I love this plant I’ve not been particularly successful in growing them.

Sitting at my computer, looking into my yard with the hummingbirds flitting around the plants is inspiring. I love the color against the carport storage area and fence.

In summer our days have gotten so hot, I do not spend time on my back decks enjoying the yard up close and personal but through my windows I have a panorama of visual delight.

When you read my books you’ll see I include flowers and gardens.

In Lily, she looks out over the view from Eleanor’s windows at the winter garden and the tall Douglas fir beyond. While the garden itself is a figment of my imagination, from my office windows I see the Douglas firs a couple blocks away.

Fuchsias are featured in Elizabeth. One of my fondest memories of driving around Ireland were the plethora of one of my favorite flowers growing wild along the roads.

I’ve included pictures from my garden.

Enjoy!!!

And, to get you started

Your free copy of Lily: The Dragon and The Great Horned Owl is waiting for you.

Go to JudithAshleyRomance.com and sign up for my occasional newsletter“Connections.”


Follow the prompts to download your own digital copy of the first book in The Sacred Women’s Circle series.

Learn more about Judith's The Sacred Women’s Circle series at JudithAshleyRomance.com

Follow Judith on Twitter: JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB! 

© 2018 Judith Ashley

2 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

Like you, I am very lucky to have beautiful views. I have a high corner office with windows facing in two directions. Big Douglas firs edge the yard and a pink camellia bush is getting ready to bloom under one window. The other looks past the firs down the hill to our white-fenced pasture. Truly a joy!

Judith Ashley said...

I love your view! Very inspiring and peaceful to look out and see forever - past pasture and beyond. Always love having Douglas firs in view. They are magnificent and the giants are so old! Do you have old growth on your property? or do you know?