Monday, June 26, 2017

Learning On Many Levels - Alternatives

Judith is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance. 

Not only do I believe in signs and intuition, I believe somewhere inside me I do know the answer to problems I’m confronting. What I also believe (actually know is true) is that there are answers to problems I have that don’t like.

We always have choices. To do nothing is a choice. To complain is a choice. And it isn’t unusual to do one or both (although I do see complaining as ‘doing something’) because we don’t like the action options or choices we see. The world would be a very different place if the choices before us were always presented in ways that gave us an easy choice. Something we like versus something we don’t like.

However life does not usually do that (my experience). We have choices where we pick the least objectionable, least restrictive, least favorable instead of what we’d really like to do because that choice isn’t on the table.

So, back to me and how I make choices, find solutions ‘outside the box’.

If you’ve read Diana the third book in my Sacred Women’s Circle series, you’ll know she used a Tarot deck to make decisions. (Check out the cover and you'll see an overlay of Tarot cards).

There are times I do use a Tarot deck myself. And while I was at the conference I had a Tarot reading with Deborah Wellborn, the Sunshine Psychic. In her reading I learned that I needed to clean up the ‘stuff’ in my life (my friend’s tangled mess) in order to have my own joy and happiness.

I also checked my Messenger Oracle deck by Ravynne Phelan and drew cards whose messages supported my Tarot reading. I also purchased a couple of new decks and had similar ‘readings’ from them. One even gave me an exercise to do to move me in the right direction.

While visiting my friend, Lois, we had numerous conversations about The Dalai Lama and wise compassion and other Buddhist beliefs. I overlay my challenges with my friend over those constructs to see directions I could take that were different than the path I’d been on.

In the meantime, just being away from the daily deluge of issues gave me time and space to step back and see how I’d been part of my own problem, to take stock of my own values and beliefs.

So, when near the end of my time in Arizona Deborah interpreted my Natal Chart (my first) and I looked at my 2016 chart and how congested it was in a particular place, I easily saw all signs were pointing to my doing something different in order to gain my own balance and peace of mind.

By the time I sat down with my friend and his attorney a couple of days after my return, I was clear about what I could and would do and what I would no longer do.

Of course now I’m in the position of staying the course and not veering back to old ways of handling my friend’s problems. But in the end, it is a win-win for both of us. 

We’ve been friends for almost 37 years…not something I want to throw away. And I do have a life of my own and have reclaimed it—well, to be honest that is a work in progress. I’m making headway and am catching up on those things (like writing), that got shoved aside over the past 5+ months.

What do you do to find solutions to problems that your everyday process doesn’t handle? I’m always looking for new ideas so please share!


Learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.

Follow Judith on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.


You can also find Judith on FB!

6 comments:

Adriana Allegri said...

Great article!

I often find answers as a result of meditation. The answers don't usually manifest during meditation, but afterwards. I think it's a matter of getting into relaxation mode for me -- when I'm stressed, I'm blocked. When I'm open and able to breathe...the answers come. :-)

Judith Ashley said...

Thanks for stopping by Adriana,

I've tried sitting and meditating many times and have always given up. I'm considering a walking or moving meditation...staying in the present and focused on each foot step, each breath, etc. We'll see if that works. "Research" (in quotes because I can't name the source but I've read the results) has shown that the brain works differently when we are stressed and therefore misses information --- rather like tunnel vision that is focused only on the problem and unable to see possibilities.

Vonnie Alto said...

Hi Judith,

Yes, solving problems is about relaxing. To do this, I clear my mind. I take a bath where I always get insights. I also go outdoors and garden. As I garden, I let my mind wander and insight comes. For me, gardening or just wandering around the front/back yard becomes an outdoor meditation because I tune into nature and let my mind flow. It's always calming.

Judith Ashley said...

Great idea, Vonnie. Tuning into nature is one of my favorite ways to relax.

Barbara Rae Robinson said...

I've recently been introduced to clearing, using a method utilized by Jean Haner. She writes about it in her book, Clear Home, Clear Heart. My daughter has taken up clearing in conjunction with the crystal healing she's been doing for a while. We're both reaping benefits from it. I've ordered two new pendulums that will be coming this weekend. Intuition has always been a big part of my problem solving. I'm a highly sensitive person and an empath. Clearing comes naturally for me.

Judith Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences with clearing. I'm not familiar with it or at least not by that name. Will check out Jean Haner. Learning new ways to take care of myself is always a good thing. I know several people who use pendulums to great success but I've not taken the time to become familiar with using one.