Monday, August 13, 2018

I Like Myself

Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.
What we’ve covered:
Your Expectations of yourself are positive.
Your Motivation is internal.
Your Image of yourself is congruent with your expectations.
Your Direction has specificity.
Your Control takes the form of personal responsibility for your choices and actions.
Your Discipline includes internal perfect practice.
Self-esteem. When I taught school as well as when I worked with various client groups in social services, self-esteem was something I paid attention to. Some people describe self-esteem as having confidence in oneself. However, I’ve seen confidence become arrogant, domineering behavior. To me that person actually has low self-esteem.

What is another way to look at self-esteem? From my point of view it is simple - I like myself. I see my faults, my rough edges, my idiosyncrasies, those things about me that I’m working to change and I still like who I am, who I’ve become choice by choice, experience by experience over, in my case, decades of life.

Do you?

Do you like yourself?

Do you see how your life experiences, your choices have created the person you are today?

Can you see the triumph?

Can you acknowledge the failures as learning experiences?

Can you trust there is a way to change if that’s what you want to do?

If your answers are “no” to any of the questions, why?

Why don’t you?

What would need to be different in order for you to see the triumphs in your life? To trust you can change if you want to?

One of my favorite people is the late Louise Hay. In her ground-breaking book You Can Heal Your Life Louise shares her own story of healing from an abusive childhood, serious illness, etc. One of her exercises I use to this day is “Mirror Work.”

It’s really very simple:

Stand in front of a mirror, look yourself in the eyes and say out loud “I love you.”

You can also vary the statement and say words like
“You are beautiful.” Or

“You are so smart.” Or

“I believe in you.”

It can be uncomfortable at first but stick with it. If you don’t start with “Yes, I know.” because you can barely keep the eye contact, know that in time you will be able to respond in a firm voice, perhaps with a bit of enthusiasm even “Yes, I know.”

Next week? How do I see myself interacting with the world around me?
If you are interested in learning a simple process to find solutions to issues that are interfering with the quality of your life, check out my latest non-fiction book Staying Sane in a Crazy World.

Do you ever feel as if the world around you is tumbling out of control and there is nothing you can do to make your world a better place?

Do you ever wish there was?

Staying Sane in a Crazy World may help guide you toward stopping the tumbling and choosing how to take effective control of your life.

The reality is there is no One answer that fits all but we each have Our answer.

In this short guide, Judith Ashley leads you through a straight-forward process that allows you to find Your answers. Answers you’ll use to craft a Personal Staying Sane Plan that will help you regain and keep your balance whenever the world around you is out-of-whack.

Staying Sane is now available at your favorite e-retailer.

Learn more about Judith's The Sacred Women’s Circle series at JudithAshleyRomance.com

Follow Judith on Twitter: JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB! 

© 2018 Judith Ashley

No comments: