Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getting Into The Vortex

Guest blog by Gimi Garcia now that we have the technical issues worked out.

When a healer once asked me to visualize a time when I was very happy and feel that all over again, my mind blinked right back to our family's dining room, slightly shadowed from the summer sun by the bougainvilleas outside the windows. The comforting hum and damp, cool odor of the water cooler moved in the air. Center frame was my hand-me-down sewing machine on the old heavy wood dining table, and me at it, long hair braided and out of the way, wearing the short, fluorescent orange and pink horizontally striped dress, that was cut like a long tank top, and came to be known as my 'sewing shift' because I wore it any time I sewed, as I could whip it off quickly in one movement to try on and fit my latest creation. I was 17 years-old this remembered cay, making a wardrobe for my senior year, but it could have been any of a hundred days of my adolescence, when I was alone at my cutting table and sewing machine, and probably alone in the house while my parents worked, with a glass of ice tea next to me and snips of thread and scraps of patterns and fabric on the floor till I swept up at the end of my day.
My sewing machine was freshly oiled as my grandma taught me and it was singing as I stitched flat fabric pieces that would be unrecognizable to the non-seamstress or tailor into beautiful curved and fitted garments. I was blissfully happy combining textures and colors, and modifying store-bought patterns to produce garments that were truly my own creation. Time stood still and all my teenage angst had dissipated. Sewing was my best anti-depressant. Sewing was my best mind-altering drug. It was a Summer day in 1968 and I was in the Vortex.

Abraham via Esther and Jerry Hicks (The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships), urge us to get in the Vortex, where we are truly co-operative components in the creation of our own reality. The Vortex, as I understand it, is a place of pure positive energy where we participate in the expansion of the universe as we intend, manifest, and receive our desires. I know that I have been in the Vortex thousands, if not millions of times, when I have had moments of pure happiness while creating, experiencing, or remembering. And isn't it interesting how from that place of pure, positive energy more rockets of desire are launched as we experience something that spurs another great idea f something to create or do?

So why I ask myself, do I not spend more time in the Vortex? It's really kind of silly when I think about it because staying out of the Vortex has a lot to do with "doubt", "responsibilities", "work ethic", and some hierarchy of duties that is 100% self-imposed! Here's an example: "Gimi, you can't get int the Vortex yet because you haven't paid your bills!" It's along the lines of, "You can't have fun yet because you haven't done your work!" But getting in the Vortex should be my work! Haven't you heard it said a thousand times, "A child's play is their work?"
When does that change? Who says it has to? Why can't I get in the Vortex and then pay my bills or write my case notes or do the dishes? Of course I can!

My most recent intention is to spend more time in the Vortex. This means raising my vibration of joyful thoughts, feelings, and actions to that place of pure love where I am creating myself and my life as I desire to be, just like that summer day in 1958 when I was riding currents of well-being and bliss to the music of my sewing machine, long before I had ever heard of the Vortex.

No comments: