Monday, August 30, 2010

Finding a gem in my TBR pile.

Have you ever bought a book thinking you were going to read it and then find it untouched weeks or months (perhaps even years later). Hopefully I'm not alone in this.

Taking a break from my general reading material (historical and contemporary romances) I turned to a book on my ToBeRead shelf---The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. The sub-title is "How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference". I'm about a fifth of the way through and am looking forward to reading more on 'word of mouth' and what 'stickiness' is...or more to the point, how to create 'stickiness' in my work. As I understand it, 'stickiness' is what makes us remember the slogan, ditty, book and tell our friends about it.

If I learn something about those little things that make a big difference and how to create stickiness, I believe it will add to my goal of my life being easier and effortless and containing more days of joy and happiness.

Did you know that two men rode out to warn the colonials about the British coming to Lexington and Concord? Why do we only remember Paul Revere? Check out Mr. Gladwell's website, read the book and learn the answers.

No comments: