Monday, May 16, 2016

Thoughts on Being a Long Distance Member

Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women's Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nurture the soul.

One of the things I miss about being a long distance member is supporting the chapter by volunteering in various capacities. This year, because I was there early, I helped stuff the Conference bags with books and other swag. So many items were donated it was hectic ---but fun!

I’ve two books by new-to-me Sourcebooks authors on my TBR shelf (Samantha Chase and Amy Sandas), a very cool name badge and a couple of note pads. One of the most useful to me items (a 5X7 spiral bound notebook) was donated by J. Kenner. I used it to take notes at the workshops I attended.

My volunteer duties included a stint at the Registration Table, Raffle Room and Agent & Editor Desk.

Volunteering at the Registration Table gives me a chance to meet people early on. I’m then able to chat with them either in a brief exchange or maybe sit with them at a meal or workshop and get to know them a bit better.

2018 will see me traveling again to Arizona in order to spend time with family, friends and attend a Desert Rose chapter meeting. If you live anywhere near Phoenix, you have two great chapters to choose from---the aforementioned Desert Rose and also Valley of the Sun. Check them out. Writing romance is always better when we’re connected to other romance writers.

You can learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.


Follow me on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

I’m also on Facebook


© 2016 Judith Ashley

No comments: