Monday, July 11, 2016

Shield of Protection

Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women's Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nurture the soul.

I became involved with Sacred Women’s Circles in 1993. About a year or so after our first meeting, we learned to make our own shields. The first shield we created was a Shield of Protection. It was a simple process in many ways.

First we meditated on the words ‘protection’ and ‘safety’. We’d already learned to make note of the animals who came to us more than once or who seemed to have a message for us.

I had my animals and could see in my mind’s eye what my finished shield would look like. It’s important to note at this juncture that I was in a circle where everyone had an artistic background. Several of them were painters, sculptors, etc. I may write but the idea of the Shield is to have a concrete visual to place in your house or office or yard, etc. Writing is not a skill that translates very well to a project like a shield.

However, as in all sacred women’s circles, I had support in creating my shield.

The hardest part to create was the “White Buffalo” in the center. Read this post and you’ll see why the “Snake” in the South was also difficult.




But perseverance won the day. With help from my circle sisters and sheer determination on my part, I was able to create a shield that to this day (easily 20 years later) is a source of positive energy in my home.

Because I did create my Shield of Protection, I easily created my Shield of Life. More about that shield next Monday.

What have you learned to do that has made another project easier?

You can learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.


Follow me on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

I’m also on Facebook


© 2016 Judith Ashley

1 comment:

Judith Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.