Monday, July 25, 2016

Shields

Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women's Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nurture the soul.

In 2004 I was in an automobile accident that scrambled my brain. If I was in a quiet place, I was okay but my brain could not deal with noise and busyness. During this time, I tried to work as much as I could. My daughter-in-law would drive me to the office and come pick me up a few hours later. Because my thinking was slow if not scrambled, a co-worker began advocating with my supervisor for me to be fired.

Added to the daily struggle to accomplish basic tasks (showering, dressing, fixing a meal), this layer of stress was affecting my health and my performance at work. I did have my Shield of Protection but I wasn’t comfortable taking it to the office.

My sacred women’s circle sisters created these smaller shields for me. Easy to transport, easy to hang in my cubicle, easy for me to focus on their protecting energy when I needed to.

These shields are to me like another person’s lucky penny, four leaf clover or rabbit’s foot. I also have a small bag of protection stones in my car. One never knows when a bit of protective energy might come in handy.

In each of my Sacred Women’s Circle novels, the heroine faces a challenge. She either has her personal totem or her protection stones with her. And sometimes, she has both!

Do you have any talisman you carry with you or keep nearby?


You can learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.


Follow me on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

I’m also on Facebook

© 2016 Judith Ashley


No comments: