Monday, May 1, 2017

Beltane

Judith is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.

May 01, 2017 - Beltane

Today marks another turn in the Wheel of the Year.

Beltane is on the opposite side of the year from Samhain. These two Holy Days have much in common. The time when the veils between the worlds are the thinnest. The time that symbolizes the end of Winter and the beginning of Summer.

When I was growing up, I remember in elementary school we danced around the May Pole, weaving brightly colored, intricate patterns with long ribbons of varying colors. And, we made May Baskets, filled them with flowers and hung them on the doorknobs of neighbor’s homes.

From this vantage point, I’m fairly sure that, at the time, people did not connect these spring activities as pagan or even coming from pagan traditions. They were fun activities that herald spring’s flowers and warmer days and were a continuation of what had been done for generations before ours.

Beltane is also about fertility. At that point in our history when we were hunter/gatherers and then farmers, we relied on our understanding of the seasons to survive.

In our modern times, we can still use Beltane to stoke the fires of our fertile imagination, our creativity. I write. I’ve friends who bead, paint and sew. Other people I know create in other ways. Following the traditions of earth-based spirituality, the winter when it is dark and cold is the time for reflection. When the sun comes out and it is warmer, it is now time to create or to manifest the seeds we sowed in the dark.

My creative juices have begun to flow again as I write new words and continue to refine my Readers’ DayBook Club event during the Desert Dreams Readers’ Day in Scottsdale, AZ on June3rd

If you are in the area, plan on spending the day with authors. I’d love to meet you and have you join me to learn more about sacred space and the spiritual foundation of my Sacred Women’ Circle series.
Now that the days are longer, what is it that you want to manifest from your reflections during the dark days?

Sign up for Connections, my newsletter, and download a free e-copy of Lily.

Learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.
Follow Judith on Twitter: @JudithAshley19
Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB!


No comments: