Monday, August 21, 2017

Barriers to Unconditional Acceptance

Judith is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.
One of the barriers I see that keeps people from continuing down the path to unconditional acceptance is the concept of ‘approval’.
Acceptance and approval are not the same thing. I can accept that something is true without approving of it. I can accept that something is true or important to another person without approving it for myself.
A simple example: Virtually all of my friends drink coffee. I don’t. I accept that drinking coffee is important to them. I don’t approve of drinking coffee for me (it tastes awful and I didn’t feel good when I was in college and tried it out. Getting sick on a coffee date was not a good experience).
As I’m working on my own Unconditional Acceptance, I use the concept of “resume” as I heard it explained by Susan Peirce Thompson. Susan is the founder of the BrightLine Eating System. She talks about the reality that there are times people on this program stray off the path. What’s important? Resume.
This concept works well when we are on the path to Unconditional Acceptance.
I couple of weeks ago I found myself yelling at the television. I was horrified and fell into the old pattern of chastising myself for the lapse. When I finally stopped ringing a peal over my head, I remembered “resume” and so I did.
It’s really that simple.
Lily is the first book on the left!!!
When you find you’ve strayed from the path you want to be on, stop where you are and pivot so you resume your journey on the path you prefer.
Your assignment:
Use the goal you came up with last week and practice “resume.”
Or, if you are far enough down the road to success, that it could be several days or even weeks before you stray, pick  something else to work on remembering that when you stray to “resume”.
Set your new path by declaring your goal and your daily practice to reach that goal. Use positive present tense action words.
I easily and effortlessly learn to use Vellum and publish my books.
What’s important is to catch ourselves when those negative thoughts invade our positive thoughts. It may be a few minutes to a few days before we catch them but when we do, instead of beating ourselves up, our new mantra is “Resume.”
Your free copy of Lily: The Dragon and The Great Horned Owl is waiting for you! Spoiler Alert!!! Lily may not use "resume" but she does have to learn to find her way back to her path.

Go to JudithAshleyRomance.com and sign up for my occasional newsletter “Connections.” Follow the prompts to download your own digital copy of the first book in The Sacred Women’s Circle series.

Learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series at JudithAshleyRomance.com

Follow Judith on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB!

No comments: