Monday, May 14, 2018

My Favorite Author Inspirations



Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.

One of the songs I find myself singing or humming is from The Sound of Music “These Are A Few of My Favorite Things.” Since my February theme was about things I love, I am taking a bit of license to change this out to “These are a few of my Favorite People.”
As an author, I seek inspiration and support from many sources. My complete list goes on and on and on. However, like most of us, I have a few who are and remain at the top. Here is my short list along with a brief statement. (Yes, I could write pages about each one but I won’t.)

First, I want you to know that the people you read about last week and the ones you'll see in subsequent posts this month are all on this list. Even though they are on a different list they all support my writing and inspire me. I will encourage you to read my other posts about them.

Second, it's important to note that the romance community is overall open, generous and supportive. In over ten years, I’ve had but one less than positive experience.

At the top of my list are two women: Sarah Raplee and Maggie Lynch.

Sarah and I co-founded Romancing The Genres, an InternationalGroup blog. We are Celebrating our 7th Year! 

Sarah held my hand when we first started out and took on the majority of the techie tasks. We brained stormed ideas, who we wanted to invite to join us, created suggested blog topics and who we’d love to invite as guests.

Over the last seven years, Sarah has become a personal friend on top of being a writing buddy. She has graciously read some things I’ve written and given me input. Most recently she did the first round of edits on my newest romance Visions of Happiness (due to be released later in 2018). I always know that the purpose behind any of her suggestions is to make my story stronger so it is easy for me to read her comments.

Sarah is a talented author in her own right. Check out Blindsight a well-crafted paranormal romantic suspense. She also has short stories in the anthologies Love & Magick and Gifts From The Heart.

Maggie Lynch has been the publishing guru I’ve turned to over and over again since early 2014. Her book DIY Publishing was my first publishing Bible and still is next to my computer. Her more recent Author Secrets series remains a “must read” and is referenced as I wend my way through the publishing scene.

I publish through Windtree Press, an author cooperative that Maggie co-founded. She is the one who invited me to join in 2014. That invitation was instrumental in my believing in my ability to become multi-published. Maggie has been and continues to be inspiring and supportive.

While Maggie writes in several genres, I’ve read her Sweetwater Canyon series and highly recommend it. Healing music and healing relationships are common themes in this series.

Third isn’t a person. It’s a group. Several years ago, when I was in a leadership position within my RWA chapter, I started #ftb (finish the book) a forum for chapter members hosted through the national organization Romance Writers of America.

Every Day a core group of us show up to share our hopes, dreams and progress. We’ve become friends although several of us have never met each other in person. We span the country with one of our members in Maine. Most of us are in Oregon although we are on both sides of the Cascades. Nevada is home to yet another of us.

No matter what is going on personally or professionally, I know I can “talk” about it on #ftb and get support and more. We share health tips, recipes, vacation ideas and more. We sometimes ask others in the group for suggestions, ideas and to read a bio, blurb, etc. A more supportive, giving group of writers doesn’t exist (although maybe in Maine).

Who do you have in your life that is unflaggingly supportive of your efforts to manifest a dream?

My first non-fiction book, Staying Sane in a Crazy World is available at your favorite e-retailer. By following the simple process outlined in this book, you can create your own personal staying sane plan when the world around you goes crazy.
Do you ever feel as if the world around you is tumbling out of control and there is nothing you can do to make your world a better place?

Do you ever wish there was?

Staying Sane in a Crazy World may help guide you toward stopping the tumbling and choosing how to take effective control of your life.

The reality is there is no One answer that fits all but we each have Our answer.

In this short guide, Judith Ashley leads you through a straight-forward process that allows you to find Your answers. Answers you’ll use to craft a Personal Staying Sane Plan that will help you regain and keep your balance whenever the world around you is out-of-whack.

Learn more about Judith's The Sacred Women’s Circle series at JudithAshleyRomance.com

Follow Judith on Twitter: JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB! 


© 2018 Judith Ashley

2 comments:

Maggie Lynch said...

Judith, you are a pleasure to work with and to know as both a person and a writer. The light flows from you to others and that, in turn, draws us to you.

I believe we each have several parts of ourselves to give to others. Some people accept the gift, others do not. You always accept and that gives me great pleasure. I LOVE your books and their themes. You are a sacred person in your own right; and your gift is sharing your system of spirituality, belief, authenticity in who you are, and an amazing listener and healing presence for so many. Me included.

Thank you, for being the best you possible for all of us.

Judith Ashley said...

Thank You, Maggie.