Monday, January 23, 2017

Taking Care of Yourself = Thinking Positive

Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women's Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nurture the soul.

 Every cloud has a silver lining.

There is a gift for us in every part of our lives.

I learned so much about myself in my short marriage. I learned how important words are to me and I also learned the language of action. You know the adage, actions speak louder than words? Well, I finally realized, a little too late as we were already divorced and he had remarried, that his actions had “told” me he loved me.

To help me stay in a positive frame of mind, I do look at things in a certain way. Here are the ones that work best for me.

 I do not consider that I’ve failed. Instead I frame it as I accomplish xx% of my goal.

Everything that happens as a gift for me. So when my brain was completely scrambled after an automobile accident, it wasn’t easy for me to find the gift but I did. I treated myself differently. I no longer had long lists of expectations. I was more realistic about what I could do. I focused on being safe and happy. My awareness of what I enjoyed was heightened. Before I found the right therapy, I’d built a cozy contented life for myself. It was limited in many, many ways but I was happy. 

I use the principles of Dr. William Glasser’s Choice Theory and Reality Therapy as cornerstones for my life. I teach classes on these core principles. Check them out on my website. And, I’ll be presenting the “Balancing Your Writing Life and Your Real Life” at the Desert Dreams Writers Conference, June 1 – 4, 2017 in Scottsdale, AZ.

And I have a core cadre of friends I can talk to when I need extra support and encouragement as well as reminders of the above.

How do you keep yourself in a positive frame of mind?


Through January 31, 2017 you can purchase Book 2 in The Sacred Women's Circle series, Elizabeth, for $.99!

Sign up for Connections, my newsletter and you'll receive Book 1, Lily, for free!



Learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.


Follow me on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

I’m also on Facebook

© 2017 Judith Ashley

No comments: