Monday, January 2, 2017

Taking Care of Yourself in 2017!!!

Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women's Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nurture the soul.

I don’t know about you, but I do better when I have a theme or focus for myself when I write blog posts. If you read my December posts (you can just scroll down), you’ll see that all my Monday posts were about Peace. And they are updated from my January 2016 posts which were also on Peace.

This January I decided on the theme of “Taking Care of Yourself”.

On this second day of the New Year my question is “What Went Well in 2016?” or “What Happened in 2016 that you most pleased with/proud of?”

Notice I’m only asking you to find something that worked out well. If your life went along like mine, you had some downturns but somewhere during those 365 days, things did go right.

My 2016 list includes

1.      Finishing the last two books in the Original Sacred Women’s Circle series. They are available in e-books and soon will be available in print.

2.      Learning programs that help me connect with readers: ConvertKit, Book Funnel, WeebleyPro, etc.

3.      Taking care of myself physically (no flour, no obvious sugar eating plan), mentally (stop whatever I’m doing when negatively stressed), emotionally (start and end my day in gratitude for what I have and what has happened).

My list is longer but this gives you an idea. Be sure to add something specific about your accomplishment. For example: for taking care of myself physically, I added two specific actions.

Also note that I do not include what went wrong, what I didn’t accomplish, where I fell short. 

While we may bamboozle ourselves by saying we do better when we criticize or chastise or even punish ourselves when we are not successful, I know from personal experience that moving to the “positive” works better. It is a little (or a lot) uncomfortable at first but it can be done.

I’ll be back next Monday with another question for you about “Taking Care of Yourself”.


You can learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.

 Follow me on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

 I’m also on Facebook

 © 2017 Judith Ashley

No comments: