Monday, January 9, 2017

Taking Care of Yourself - Your 2017 Word

Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women's Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nurture the soul.

“What is Your 2017 Word?”

Several people I know pick a word to focus on as a theme for themselves for the year. My best friend has done that for years. A blog post I read the morning I wrote these posts, also mentioned it.

My suggestion is to spend quiet time and sort through words that evoke a positive sense of well-being or an eager challenge.

Some ideas are “love” “loyal” “caring” “kind” “compassion” “finish” “complete” “friendship” “honest” “charitable”

I’ll go first! “DO”

In Star Wars, Yoda tells a young Luke Skywalker that there is no Try, only Do. What this means to me is not so much about “doing” but to be clear. Stop and make a conscious or mindful decision. Is this the direction I want to go? Is this an activity I want to participate in? Make a decision and then Do. For me this mean to stop dithering or nattering.

Stop, Decide, Do.

How will your life be different if every day, when you first woke up, you recalled your 2017 word?

Please share!!!

You can learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.


Follow me on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

I’m also on Facebook


© 2017 Judith Ashley

No comments: