Monday, July 24, 2017

Meet Ashley and Hunter

Judith is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.
This week you get to know Ashley Ann Carlyle Kenner and Hunter Knight Compton as well as read more about my writing journey. Enjoy!


Ashley: Dragonflies and Dreams
Darkness threatens Ashley’s life as she once again faces a battle with breast cancer. The only light? Her children, the unconditional support of her women’s circle and dragonflies. But is it enough for her to win back her life and find unconditional love?
How do we keep going when all seems lost? How do we keep going when the odds are against us? How do we accept support and love when our youth and beauty fades, when we are ravaged with disease?
Writing about recurrent breast cancer took some research and soul searching. I’ve had cancer and also had breast cancer scares. Read more about my own journey in “Writing Ashley’s Story.” 

Where do the dragonflies come into the picture? Ashley must call upon her personal totems the dragon and damselflies to find the light in the darkness of her life. When you finish reading Ashley: Dragonflies and Dreams you’ll have a new appreciation for the power of belief.  

Hunter: The Drum and The Dancer
From the moment Hunter felt the first flutter of life, her actions have focused on her daughter’s safety. She’s created a good life for them doing what she loves—dancing. When her past shows up at her dance studio, she risks losing her daughter forever.
Where do we find the courage to confront our past and our mistakes? How do we move past doubts to know with a certainty we can trust another? And what about ourselves? What price do we pay when we doubt our every decision?
Check out “Dancing With Hunter” to see how I wrote a story that had little basis in my own life. A leap of faith was needed more often than not!

And I love Hunter’s cover. The drum reminds me of my own horse drum – one I made with my own hands from a horse hide. The sound reverberates through me and sometimes I just drum for the pure please of feeling the beat in my bones.
Learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.

Follow Judith on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.


You can also find Judith on FB!

No comments: