Monday, July 16, 2018

I See Myself Doing That!

Coming summer 2018
Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.


July2, 2018 we looked at your self-expectancy and decided “I Can Do It.”
July9, 2018 we looked at self-motivation and decided “I Want To Do It.”
This week we take a look at our perception of ourselves, our self-image and how that fits into the whole.
When we look in the mirror, what do we see? Or more correctly, Who do we see?
My mirror reflects a mom, grandma and grandmama (great grandmother). I also see a published author, a loyal friend, a curious woman who loves to read, people and nature watch and problem solve.
Each of those pictures or images of myself has details specific to me. As a loyal friend, I have expectations of myself regarding what I will and won’t do as a loyal friend. The same is true for each of the images I see.
As a nature watcher, I make a point to look at the natural world around me. To pay attention to the footprint I leave on the earth. I recycle and while I know there are people who recycle even more ferociously than I do, I’m at the point where I could go two or three months without garbage/trash pick-up although my recycling and yard debris bins would go out more frequently.
I can’t imagine tossing anything out my car window or leaving empty bottles, can or other trash in the park or wherever I might be.
Self-image is an important theme in my stories.
In Elizabeth: The Lady and The Sacred Grove, Book Two in The Sacred Women’s Circle series, Elizabeth comes face-to-face with the conflict between two images of herself that are not compatible.
In Diana: The Queen of Swords and The Knightof Pentacles, Diana remains in a loveless marriage for years because of the image she projected to the world around her.
So, who do you see when you look in the mirror?
If you choose to, you might want to write down a description and include details. What would you be saying, doing, thinking when making choices as a loyal friend? What about as a good wife, husband, daughter, son or neighbor? Don’t forget other areas of your life such as neighbor, employer, employee, citizen, church member. We each have many images of ourselves that impact our everyday decisions in how we treat each other as well as ourselves.
See yourself as “selfless” and you’ll forgo your own needs to take care of someone else.
See yourself as “independent” and you’ll put your literal or proverbial shoulder to the task even if it hurts.
See yourself as “loving, patience or compassionate” and you may accept the abuse of others.
See yourself as “focused” and that leads us into next week’s topic “Self-Direction.”
If you are interested in learning a simple process to find solutions to issues that are interfering with the quality of your life, check out my latest non-fiction book Staying Sane in a Crazy World.

Do you ever feel as if the world around you is tumbling out of control and there is nothing you can do to make your world a better place?

Do you ever wish there was?

Staying Sane in a Crazy World may help guide you toward stopping the tumbling and choosing how to take effective control of your life.

The reality is there is no One answer that fits all but we each have Our answer.

In this short guide, Judith Ashley leads you through a straight-forward process that allows you to find Your answers. Answers you’ll use to craft a Personal Staying Sane Plan that will help you regain and keep your balance whenever the world around you is out-of-whack.

Staying Sane is now available at your favorite e-retailer.

Learn more about Judith's The Sacred Women’s Circle series at JudithAshleyRomance.com

Follow Judith on Twitter: JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB! 
© 2018 Judith Ashley

No comments: