Monday, July 9, 2018

I Want To Do It!

Available Summer 2018
Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.
Last week we looked at your self-expectancy. Now you’ve taken a look at the task and decided “I Can Do It.”
What comes next? Do You Want To Do It?
Knowing you can do it and wanting to do it are two very different things.
It’s easy when you know you can do it and want to do it – in fact that combination is very energizing.
As an author I know I can write books and I want to write books – so I have. I don’t need someone else telling me I can do, although encouraging words are always welcome.
I’ve studied both Dr. Denis Waitley and Dr. William Glasser who have similar points of view on “Motivation” in that both believe and demonstrate that we are internally motivated. In reality no one can make us do anything we truly don’t want to do. People die every day rather than give up their autonomy, independence or (you fill in the blank).
Of course not everyone has a cause they would die for or that they know they would die for. In my previous life as a child protective service worker and as a private geriatric case manager, I did put myself at risk on more than one occasion to protect the vulnerable.
In fact Chapter One in Lily: The Dragon and The Great Horned Owl is based on a real life experience in my CPS days. And I was threatened and I did have PTSD, nightmares, etc. I did have my routine that helped calm the terror and allowed me to go back to bed.
Back to our everyday kind of motivation. The reality is we do things we don’t want to do or don’t like to do for very specific reasons. Some of them are:
Someone we know, love, care about wants us to do it.
We don’t want to live with the consequences.
We fear the consequences.
It’s who we believe we are or what we are meant to do.
If you are fearless, you won’t pay taxes because you don’t care if you go to jail. 
You won’t do what someone you love or care about wants because you don’t care if they are unhappy, upset, angry or even leave you.
You won’t clean house because you don’t care if you live in filth.
And you do make the choice to do many things you don’t like or want to because it is who you are – what you expect of yourself.
And that ties into next week’s topic “Self-Image.” See you then!
Available Now!
If you are interested in learning a simple process to find solutions to issues that are interfering with the quality of your life, check out my latest non-fiction book Staying Sane in a Crazy World.

Do you ever feel as if the world around you is tumbling out of control and there is nothing you can do to make your world a better place?

Do you ever wish there was?

Staying Sane in a Crazy World may help guide you toward stopping the tumbling and choosing how to take effective control of your life.

The reality is there is no One answer that fits all but we each have Our answer.

In this short guide, Judith Ashley leads you through a straight-forward process that allows you to find Your answers. Answers you’ll use to craft a Personal Staying Sane Plan that will help you regain and keep your balance whenever the world around you is out-of-whack.

Staying Sane is now available at your favorite e-retailer.

Learn more about Judith's The Sacred Women’s Circle series at JudithAshleyRomance.com

Follow Judith on Twitter: JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB! 
© 2018 Judith Ashley

2 comments:

Diana McCollum said...

Great advice, Judith!

Judith Ashley said...

Thanks Diana, I'm having a great time writing this series of blog posts.