Monday, July 2, 2018

I Can Do It!


Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.

Coming Summer 2018
What do you expect of yourself? The task will be easy and effortless? You’ll struggle but overcome? You’ll struggle and fail? You won’t even try? For some of us our expectations squash our outcome before we even start.

Growing up I found math difficult. Those pesky times tables in fourth grade were nightmares (and still can be). Back then we didn’t have access to smart phones, calculators and if we had (because they were available by the time I was in college) it was “cheating” to use them.

I will admit I still don’t understand why we say 2 + b = 5 when it is obvious that 2 + 3 = 5 and there isn’t another combination in that format that works.

Switch to reading. I easy and effortlessly learned to read. It has always been a joy to immerse myself in a book. Yes, I even liked many of the text books in high school and college. I still read for pleasure and am a published author.

The Sacred Women's Circle series
These days I pay attention to my expectations of myself because I know my perception of the task makes it easier or harder to accomplish. Having positive expectations of my ability to do anything I chose to can move me forward.

My caveat is this: there are times that the energy, time and effort to figure out, understand and learn something new is daunting. Even though I tell myself I can do and also believe that I can—doesn’t mean it will necessarily come easy to me. Most recently I’ve struggled with learning how to put my books into box sets.

I read a couple of articles, looked at the box sets I have of some of my writer friends and started the learning curve. A few weeks (yes, weeks) into the process I stopped. It is true I had some medical stuff going on in my life but it is also true I was using up my “learning curve energy” on box sets when I had a whole course in creating ads for Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, etc. ahead of me.

Available Now!
First things first when my positive self-expectation is thwarted is to figure out the core issue and then problem solve from there. If you are interested in learning a simple process to find solutions to issues that are interfering with the quality of your life, check out my latest non-fiction book Staying Sane in a Crazy World.

Do you ever feel as if the world around you is tumbling out of control and there is nothing you can do to make your world a better place?

Do you ever wish there was?

Staying Sane in a Crazy World may help guide you toward stopping the tumbling and choosing how to take effective control of your life.

The reality is there is no One answer that fits all but we each have Our answer.
In this short guide, Judith Ashley leads you through a straight-forward process that allows you to find Your answers. Answers you’ll use to craft a Personal Staying Sane Plan that will help you regain and keep your balance whenever the world around you is out-of-whack.

Staying Sane is now available at your favorite e-retailer. 

Learn more about Judith's The Sacred Women’s Circle series at JudithAshleyRomance.com

Follow Judith on Twitter: JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB! 

© 2018 Judith Ashley


2 comments:

Maggie Lynch said...

Good post, Judith, and so true. My difficulty is I do expect to be successful at whatever I'm trying to accomplish. However, my timeline for the task rarely matches the reality I'm presented with. :) I've always been impatient with timelines and as I get older the timelines I made at 28 are much more elongated than the timelines I find myself working with at 64. Yet, my brain has not yet accepted that. Therein lies the expectations problem.

Loved your Staying Sane in a Crazy World book and recommend it to lots of people. I've been very slow at reading your Sacred Women's Circle series, but hope to finally finish the series by the end of this summer. Just hard to find time for pleasure reading these days. Thanks for keeping up this blog. It is always a light of positive thinking in my day, even if I don't take the time to post.

Judith Ashley said...

Thanks Maggie, One of the gifts I've given myself is permission to rebuild an awesome personal growth library originally in audio cassettes. Dr. Denis Waitley's programs were favorites and I also went through training to be an approved instructor for his Psychology of Winning course. There are 10 traits and I'm using each of them as a catalyst for my blog posts over the next 10 weeks. I first listened to Denis' POW in the very early 1980's. He has a list of 10 things you can do to enhance the trait he talks about. Listening to is so many years later (I've not had a car with a cassette player in it for almost 20 years) I'm pleased to see how many of those suggestions I've internalized.

And thanks for the recommendation of Staying Sane in a Crazy World! I truly do appreciate that.