Monday, July 23, 2018

I'm Going There!

Coming Summer 2018
Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women’s Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual practices that nourish the soul and celebrates the journey from relationship to romance.


You look at the task and decide “I Can Do It.”
And, you know “I Want To Do It."
Upon further review you see “That’s Who I Am.”
These first three steps are important but without the specificity of Direction,  of That's Where I'm Going! your chances of arriving at your goal are minimal.
Knowing you can do it and wanting to do it and seeing yourself with the trapping of success are very different aspects of reaching your goal.
Using myself as an example again. As an author I know I can write books and I want to write books. I see myself as an author. But without Self-Direction, I’d not be a multi-published author.
In order to be a multi-published author, at a minimum I had to have characters, setting, and plot. I had to have a lot more than that to get a book written and published but I did say “at a minimum.”
So often we set our goals in global terms.
We want to be financially secure.
We want to be happy.
We want to be healthy.
Because I write romance, all my characters want to be loved.
But what do those words “financially secure,” “happy,” “healthy,” and “loved” mean.
What’s true is that we each have our own personal picture of what those words mean. We can see in our internal eye what our life will be like when we are financially secure, happy, healthy and loved.
The question is whether or not we’ve spent the time defining the intimate details of those pictures. This time let's use "financially secure" as our example.
How much money is “financially secure”? That’s changed for me over my lifetime. When I first worked outside of babysitting (at $.25 an hour), I was paid $0.90 an hour. When minimum wage went up to $1.00 we were all ecstatic. At that time making $10,000 a year was a fantasy. I could travel around the world if I made that much. Now I need $6000 a year for property taxes and insurance! No longer can I live on a gross income of $500 a month like I did when first starting out on my own. (Oh, and I was a single parent not getting the court ordered $10.00 a week child support on a regular basis).
The Sacred Women's Circle series
The characters in my books all dreams. They may want a Happily-Ever-After in their lives but they don’t believe it will happen. They may have a specific picture of what the core values would be in that relationships but they can’t see themselves as a partner in it.
What my characters face is what we all face. We must have these first four aspects of success in place before the actions in the next six steps have a chance of leading us to a successful outcome.
Here’s my author example to illustrate where we are on this journey:
My expectations as an author? Yes, I can write novels and non-fiction.
And I want to write novels and books. Writing is fun.
When I started writing the first book in my Sacred Women’s Circle series, I could see rudiments of story and/or character in all seven books. I saw myself at the computer and with my name of the covers of books on the shelf.
From the beginning I saw the whole stories with characters and setting. I heard the dialogue in my mind, saw characters move around a scene and felt their joy and pain as the story unfolded.
Now it’s your turn. Pick a goal and follow along. You’ll be pleased and maybe a bit amazed at how easy this part can be.
Next week? Seeing Self-Control in a whole new way. And Click Here to start at the beginning of this series.
Available Now!
If you are interested in learning a simple process to find solutions to issues that are interfering with the quality of your life, check out my latest non-fiction book Staying Sane in a Crazy World.

Do you ever feel as if the world around you is tumbling out of control and there is nothing you can do to make your world a better place?

Do you ever wish there was?

Staying Sane in a Crazy World may help guide you toward stopping the tumbling and choosing how to take effective control of your life.

The reality is there is no One answer that fits all but we each have Our answer.

In this short guide, Judith Ashley leads you through a straight-forward process that allows you to find Your answers. Answers you’ll use to craft a Personal Staying Sane Plan that will help you regain and keep your balance whenever the world around you is out-of-whack.

Staying Sane is now available at your favorite e-retailer.

Add caption
Learn more about Judith's The Sacred Women’s Circle series at JudithAshleyRomance.com

Follow Judith on Twitter: JudithAshley19

Check out Judith’s Windtree Press author page.

You can also find Judith on FB! 
© 2018 Judith Ashley

No comments: