Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Fun Story About Blue Jays



Judith Ashley is the author of The Sacred Women's Circle series, romantic fiction that honors spiritual traditions that nurture the soul.

Monday, I promised you a funny story about the blue jays.

I’ve friends who have a cabin in the woods and I’m invited to visit with them at least once a year. My visit in 2015 coincided with my writing Gabriella. In Monday’s post I talked about the blue jay being Gabriella’s power or totem animal. I was delighted to see many blue jays in the trees, at the feeders and mingling with the deer.

Inspired I got my phone out, figured out the camera part and pointed it at the birds to take their picture. As soon as I did that they flew off. I tried again and again and each time the birds flew into the Douglas fir trees.

One time I even held the camera down by my side in an effort to trick them.

Nope. That didn’t work either.

Finally I put my phone away, determined to just enjoy their beauty.

I was back a week later and even though the blue jays were all around the cabin, I didn’t even try to take a picture.

As I was sitting on the deck under a canopy, visiting with my friends, I heard the beat of wings and felt the rush of air as one of the birds buzzed me. Startled as the blur of blue flew over my head, ---the bird had flown under the canopy from one end of the large deck to the other!

We all had a good laugh over that.

Guess that showed me!

A week later I received an email from my friend.

They did get a little more cooperative after I told them that it was no way to treat a guest and reminded them that we still controlled the food to some degree!

And after the text were these pictures.
Who Me?



















Well, Really!!!

If that's what you think, I'm leaving

If I just ignore them, they'll go away.


Guess they believed her – lol!

Pictures from Lois Neuman. Captions are mine.

You can learn more about The Sacred Women’s Circle series on my website.


Follow me on Twitter: @JudithAshley19

I’m also on Facebook


© 2016 Judith Ashley

2 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

Gorgeous photos! Blue Jays sure are smart! And they definitely show attitude. Now I must read Monday's post about the Blue Jay being Gabriella's totem.

Judith Ashley said...

Lois certainly captured them! I still smile when I think of being buzzed by a blue jay after spending some much time the week before trying to take their pictures. It really seemed like they remembered me and were showing me who's boss!